Nov 19th, 2019
Tim Garrett is an extraordinary athlete. Not content with swimming some of the world's most famous and gruelling waterways, Tim tags on runs and rides of hundreds of kilometers to his swims. For instance, Tim has completed the Arc2Arch:
- Run - 87 miles from Marble Arch in London to Dover,
- Swim - The English Channel,
- Bike - 181 miles from Calais to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
He is one of only two people to have completed the Arc2Arch and Uberman, an event in which you swim from 21 miles from Catalina Island to Los Angeles (a major event in itself!), cycle 400 miles to Badwater basin, the lowest point in North America, and then run 135 miles through Death Valley before ascending 13,000 feet to Mount Whitney, the highest peak in the Continental United States.
He plans his own ultra-endurance events through his company Another Level Performance. Apart from Australia's longest open water swim, he has also organised Hard Bastard, where you:
- Swim - 35 km from Palm Beach to North Bondi,
- Bike - 620 km to Mount Kosciuszko,
- Run - 162 km in the Australian Alps.
He fundraises for The Heart Research Institute and unsurprisingly doesn't sleep much! His major aim is to tackle the North Pole.
Songs in this episode - all licensed under a Creative Commons License:
- The Endurance - Scott Buckley
- Endless Endurance - pathbot
- Endurance - Chin Hero
- Tim Tim - Ready For The Island (DJ Lamonnz WS AS Remix) - DJ Lamonnz
- Tim Maia - Caminho do Bem (Bhaskar & Rivas Remix) - Rivas
- Sapphire - Tobu
Image from TimmyGarrett888 on Instagram